Do you spend a lot of time putting new shows with the same standard setup on sale? By standard setup, we mean the same seating plan and ticket allocations etc... If you do, we can save you a huge amount of time and effort. All you have to do is create an Event Template. It’s as easy as that.
So what are Event Templates?
Events templates are pretty much what it says, they are templates for your events. If you have a standard auditorium or event set up that you use for the majority of your events, Event Templates are for you. You basically build your standard set up in the system, you can add the times, the pricing, the ticket allocations and all that type of information.
How do you create an Event Template?
It’s really easy. Once you have built an event with the standard setup you want to use as your template, add the following tag to the event tag box as shown below. The template_name can be anything you want but it’s important to add the template: before it.
- Format for tag - template:template_name
- Example - template:musical_theatre
Top Tip: Create a dummy show called Event Templates and create different runs for each template within that show. This will make it easier for you to find templates and make changes to them at a later date if required.
Using Event Templates
Once you have built the basic show info, go into the events section and select the template you want, select the date and click Add Event. Voila! Your event has now been created with the seating plan and the ticket allocations. It’s as easy as that.
Event Template Tips
- Create a dummy show called Event Templates and build your events within that show.
- Be sure to name it something clear for future reference and once the event is created, you can then change the event times and ticket prices if needed.
- Event Templates also copy across tags so can be a real timesaver if you use specific tags for bundle discount or membership rules on repeat set ups.